From: Fred W on
AMooreonline(a)juno.com wrote:

>
> Everyone who owns a motorcycle or scooter has their favorite oil.
> There is nothing wrong with Yamalube products. Why is it expensive?
> Well...Because it's being sold & a Yamaha dealer & they "ALWAYS" get
> top-dollar for thier products. I myself love Amsoil products. I've
> been using them for years. The only downside is finding a local dealer
> selling Amsoil. I just buy from Amsoil direct online. Even after S/H
> they cost about the same as Mobil One from any retail dealer.

Huh? No way. You can buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for ~$24 for a 5 quart
bottle. Amsoil costs at least $8 a quart *before* adding shipping.

--
-Fred W
From: Keith Schiffner on

"Fred W" <malt_hound(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:gLKdnaj8wIPzIdDbnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d(a)comcast.com...
> AMooreonline(a)juno.com wrote:
>
>>
>> Everyone who owns a motorcycle or scooter has their favorite oil.
>> There is nothing wrong with Yamalube products. Why is it expensive?
>> Well...Because it's being sold & a Yamaha dealer & they "ALWAYS" get
>> top-dollar for thier products. I myself love Amsoil products. I've
>> been using them for years. The only downside is finding a local dealer
>> selling Amsoil. I just buy from Amsoil direct online. Even after S/H
>> they cost about the same as Mobil One from any retail dealer.
>
> Huh? No way. You can buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for ~$24 for a 5 quart bottle.
> Amsoil costs at least $8 a quart *before* adding shipping.

Why ship? Don't you have a local dealer? Speedshop that caters to the guys that
race cages on dirt...boat shops? Etc. Lots of them sell Amsoil their 2-stroke
oil is some damned good stuff.

--
Keith Schiffner
History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational
basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the
unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and
spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from
fiddling with it.
Robert Heinlein


From: Fred W on
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "Fred W" <malt_hound(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:gLKdnaj8wIPzIdDbnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d(a)comcast.com...
>
>>AMooreonline(a)juno.com wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Everyone who owns a motorcycle or scooter has their favorite oil.
>>>There is nothing wrong with Yamalube products. Why is it expensive?
>>>Well...Because it's being sold & a Yamaha dealer & they "ALWAYS" get
>>>top-dollar for thier products. I myself love Amsoil products. I've
>>>been using them for years. The only downside is finding a local dealer
>>>selling Amsoil. I just buy from Amsoil direct online. Even after S/H
>>>they cost about the same as Mobil One from any retail dealer.
>>
>>Huh? No way. You can buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for ~$24 for a 5 quart bottle.
>>Amsoil costs at least $8 a quart *before* adding shipping.
>
>
> Why ship? Don't you have a local dealer? Speedshop that caters to the guys that
> race cages on dirt...boat shops? Etc. Lots of them sell Amsoil their 2-stroke
> oil is some damned good stuff.
>

Shipping is not the point. The stuff may also be great, and I do not
contest that. But it most certainly does not cost the same as Mobile 1
as purported by AMooreonline.

--
-Fred W
From: AMooreonline on
On May 18, 10:47 am, Fred W <malt_ho...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> AMooreonl...(a)juno.com wrote:
>
> > Everyone who owns a motorcycle or scooter has their favorite oil.
> > There is nothing wrong with Yamalube products. Why is it expensive?
> > Well...Because it's being sold & a Yamaha dealer & they "ALWAYS" get
> > top-dollar for thier products. I myself love Amsoil products. I've
> > been using them for years. The only downside is finding a local dealer
> > selling Amsoil. I just buy from Amsoil direct online. Even after S/H
> > they cost about the same as Mobil One from any retail dealer.
>
> Huh? No way. You can buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for ~$24 for a 5 quart
> bottle. Amsoil costs at least $8 a quart *before* adding shipping.
>
> --
> -Fred W

Amsoil costs me $4.96 per quart (Amsoil Scooter Oil 10W40) with my 20%
discount membership. S/H isn't that bad either. Also...With Walmart
it's a "hit or miss" scenario in terms of finding the oil you want
everytime. My Walmart is 30 miles away & that's means that costs me
appx. $6.00 in gas to get there! No local Amsoil dealers. So...Online
is fine by me. I get the best oil money can buy IMHO delivered UPS
ground to my front door. I do have a local Auto store that carries
Royal Purple which is another excellent oil. But...I have used Amsoil
for years & I won't use anything else.


From: Polarhound on
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "Fred W" <malt_hound(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:gLKdnaj8wIPzIdDbnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d(a)comcast.com...
>> AMooreonline(a)juno.com wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone who owns a motorcycle or scooter has their favorite oil.
>>> There is nothing wrong with Yamalube products. Why is it expensive?
>>> Well...Because it's being sold & a Yamaha dealer & they "ALWAYS" get
>>> top-dollar for thier products. I myself love Amsoil products. I've
>>> been using them for years. The only downside is finding a local dealer
>>> selling Amsoil. I just buy from Amsoil direct online. Even after S/H
>>> they cost about the same as Mobil One from any retail dealer.
>> Huh? No way. You can buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for ~$24 for a 5 quart bottle.
>> Amsoil costs at least $8 a quart *before* adding shipping.
>
> Why ship? Don't you have a local dealer?

You mean everyone else doesn't have the Amsoil salesman come to THEM,
take their order and deliver it?

That's what we do.